An event providing workshops for K-12 Educators and Administrators
- Venue: Santa Rosa, CA
- Date: July 29 - August 1, 2013
Note: This is not a Greater Good Science Center event.
These identical four-day events take place July 29-August 1 in Santa Rosa, CA, and August 5-8 in Hillsborough, CA. The goal is to provide professional and personal renewal, researched and time-tested curricula resources, and thoughtful reflections and discussions for educators and administrators.
Break out sessions will cover a myriad of topics, including:
- Peace-building, Conflict Resolution, and Play: Making a Way for Friendship (Grades K-5)
- The Influence of the Media on the Middle and High School Student: Opportunity for SEL (Grades 5-12)
- The Emotion Thermometer: Practices to Promote Self-Regulation and Resiliency (Grades K-12)
- The Identity Puzzle: Who am I? What do I believe? (Grades 5-12)
- Emerging SEL Curriculum for Middle and High School Students: Themes, Discussions and Experiences (Grades 5-12)
- Story Time - Activating Social and Emotional Learning through Literacy (Grades K-3)
- Play on Purpose: Active Team and Cooperative Building Exercises (Grades 4-12)
For more information, visit http://www.instituteforsel.org.