- Venue: Online via Zoom
- Date: Jan. 25, 2023, Feb. 22, 2023, Mar. 22, 2023, Apr. 26, 2023, May. 24, 2023
- Time: 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Price: $99, inquire about scholarship options
With all of the challenges facing educators right now, we need spaces for rest, reflection, togetherness, and hope. In this Community of Practice (CoP), we will envision, experience, and co-create a thriving learning community—with a focus on care, compassion, and connection.
Our goals for the community of practice include the following:
- To deepen our understanding of social and emotional well-being
- To experience greater well-being as adult learners in community
- To share ideas and best practices for supporting our students, colleagues, and ourselves
Each session will feature:
- An inclusive, welcoming ritual
- A featured practice or reflection
- An opportunity for small group networking/support
- A time to share out with the larger group
- An optimistic closure
Session 1: What is Our “Why”?
How am I drawing on my strengths in service of all students and adults I lead? How am I celebrating and centering my students’ voices and my colleagues’ leadership?
Session 2: Care
What strategies and supports help me to navigate challenging emotions and experiences with kindness and care?
Session 3: Compassion
How can I extend compassion to myself and my students?
Session 4: Connection
How can I help to create inclusive spaces where my students and colleagues experience a sense of safety, trust, and connectedness
Session 5: Hope
How can I nurture a “will” and a “way” forward in my work as an educator?