This Learning & the Brain conference will cover strategies for improving self-awareness, self-identity, self-control, social skills and resilience in a standards-based, distracted, disconnected, digital world.
- Venue: San Francisco
- Date: February 13-15, 2014
Learn from an amazing list of featured speakers, including GGSC’s Education Director, Vicki Zakrzewski, Ph.D.
Attendees will gain knowledge about:
* Ways to boost student self-control and motivation
* Teaching the “Me” Tech Generation in the 21st Century
* Strategies for social-emotional instruction and assessment
* Promoting student self-awareness, self-efficacy and stability
* How to raise resilience and success in a stressful standards age
* Applying brain and social science to improve student learning
* Using games and technology to improve cognitive and math skills
* Connections between self-control, social skills and achievement
* Linking attachment, compassion and collaborations to learning
* Impacts of digital technology on distraction, ADHD and Autism
* Combining Common Core, Language Arts and emotions