A free training on Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB) with Eve Ekman and Ryan Redman
- Venue: San Francisco Dharma Collective
- Date: July 27-28, 2019
- Time: 10:00 AM-5:00 PM
A free training with Eve Ekman and Ryan Redman.
Cultivating Emotional Balance (CEB) is an educational training committed to utilizing the experience of emotion as a path for developing the happiness of being for ourselves and in relationship to others. By integrating the wisdom traditions of modern psychology, current emotion research, and contemplative practices, CEB provides a secular platform for transformation.
For this mini-CEB training we will draw on a core portion of this curriculum with a focus on developing attention training to stabilize the mind, identify and investigate root causes of anger and fear, and practice setting clear, compassionate, intentions to guide us towards deeps meaning and purpose in life. The mornings will emphasize developing inner resilience through contemplation and meditation, afternoons will include small group emotion mapping, dyadic reflection, and discussion.
With the tools of CEB, we can draw upon our human capacity to wisely and compassionately actualize individual and collective well-being and reform a wholesome relationship with the planet.
Learning goals for this weekend include:
- Improve Emotional Intelligence by gaining a scientific understanding of you inner world including foundational and cutting edge neuroscience and behavioral research of emotion
- Explore the Cause / Effect (personal and professional) of Burnout by applying ‘me-search’ to identify individual sources of stress at work, home and with colleagues
- Investigate Personal Motivation and Meaning in work through identifying causes and obstacles using written personal reflection, dyadic interviews and guided meditation
- Develop simple practices of meditation and mindfulness applied to emotion that can be used on the spot throughout the day