An evidence-based training that draws on Buddhist contemplative traditions as well as contemporary scientific research and psychological theory
- Venue: Nyingma Institute
- Date: January 11-March 1, 2018
Compassion Cultivation Training (CCT) is an evidence-based training developed at Stanford University’s Center for Compassion, Altruism, Research and Education that draws on Buddhist contemplative traditions as well as contemporary scientific research and psychological theory.
This CCT course with Erika Rosenberg, Ph.D. meets on Thursdays, 11am-1pm (January 11 – March 1, 2018). It is hosted by the Nyingma Institute in Berkeley, California.
In this 8-week training, you will learn skills to expand and enhance your innate capacity for compassion and good will. The training includes:
• Guided meditations,
• Experiential exercises,
• Scientific research
In CCT, Compassion:
• Rejuvenates rather than exhausts
• Connects rather than separates
• Fosters courage, strength, resilience and self-confidence
• is universal and accessible to all faiths and belief systems