The GGSC is Hiring an Education Marketing Specialist!
October 24, 2022
The Greater Good Science Center is currently looking for an Education Marketing Specialist to join our education program.
To apply, you’ll need to submit your application through UC Berkeley’s Jobs page. Once you’re on the Jobs page, search for the position by its Job ID: 43793. More details below.
Education Marketing Specialist
UC Berkeley Job ID: 43793
The Greater Good Science Center (GGSC) at UC Berkeley turns science into action.
Founded by acclaimed social psychologist Dacher Keltner in 2001, the GGSC is unique in its commitment to both science and practice: Not only does it sponsor groundbreaking scientific research into social and emotional well-being, it also helps people apply this research to their personal and professional lives.
For more than a decade, the GGSC has been at the fore of a new scientific movement to explore the roots of happy and compassionate individuals, strong social bonds, and altruistic behavior. And it has been without peer in its award-winning efforts to translate and disseminate this science to the public, particularly through its popular online magazine, Greater Good.
- Working closely with the education team and marketing director to translate program goals into meaningful marketing campaigns and partnerships that broaden the reach of GGE’s offerings to educators.
- Researching and identifying the educational organizations, networks, and professional associations focused on the social, emotional, moral, civic, and/or spiritual development of students and working with those organizations to determine the best way to share GGE content and resources with their members.
- Building relationships with school districts to generate partnership opportunities for our online courses and communities of practice.
- Developing and expanding relationships with media partners to distribute GGE content to their audiences.
- Managing newsletter campaigns (currently 2x/month), including by identifying key messages and priorities, writing subject lines, conducting A/B testing, tracking metrics, and reporting on results back to the GGE team.
- Overseeing and expanding our social media presence, including by tailoring content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, acting as community manager, creating an editorial calendar, and reporting on results.
- Creating and distributing media kits to promote GGE content and opportunities.
- Working with the GGE team and marketing director to set KPIs, test for results, and share findings to help GGE optimize future work.
- 3-5 years marketing experience, with at least 2 years marketing to the field of K-12 education.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience in marketing/relevant field and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of the fields of character education, social-emotional learning, and/or mindfulness in education.
- Ability to cultivate relationships that result in meaningful, long-term partnerships.
- Proven experience using best practices and current trends to create newsletter and social media content for educators via MailChimp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Understanding of how to identify a target audience and successfully reach and engage them through digital marketing.
- Experience in creating media materials for distribution through partnerships.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Passionate about education and GGE’s mission to transform the way education professionals think about the purpose of education and what it means to be a human being.
Salary & Benefits
This is a 100% full-time (40 hrs a week) non-exempt career position, which is paid bi-weekly and eligible for full UC Benefits. Hourly pay for this role is commensurate with experience within the range of $33.52 - $36.39.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit here.
How to Apply
To apply, submit your application through UC Berkeley’s Jobs page, where you’ll need to search for this position by its Job ID: 43793.
Applications must be submitted through the UC Berkeley Jobs system in order to be considered.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This position can be on-site or remote.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.